Rental Property

As an owner of your rental income property, you need to protect your valuable investment with the proper rental property insurance. Statistically, rental homes are more susceptible to damage than owner-occupied homes. Some tenants usually do not give the same care and attention to a rental property that they are renting, like a homeowner would for their own home.

Typically a rental property policy covers:

  • The dwelling – whether it is a single family, townhouse, condominium, or duplex.
  • Detached buildings – including a shed or garage.
  • Premises liability – Liability protection for injury to tenants (or their guests) if you are held legally responsible.
  • Contents – Including furniture or appliances that you own.
  • Fair Rental Value – If your property becomes uninhabitable because of a peril covered in your policy, you will be reimbursed for rent you lose while repairs are being made.






  • Find us on Facebook

© 2013 All Rights Reserved. The ICBC Autoplan logo is a trademark of the Insurance Corporation of British Columbia. All rights are reserved by the Insurance Corporation of British Columbia. Any and all representations about Autoplan products, vehicle licensing, registration and permit issuance in this publication are those of Kamloops Insurance Services Ltd. and not of the Insurance Corporation of British Columbia.